ArizOTA is providing these resources to help you navigate the shift to telehealth. The items in red are from trusted local and national organizations we look to for guidance and policy making. The other items were submitted by your OT peers. They are not endorsed by ArizOTA but are provided for your consideration in an effort to assist all practitioners and students during these complex times. We’ll continue to update this page, so check back frequently.
Last Updated: 5/15/2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Participate in Telehealth Research!
ArizOTA’s Telehealth Outcomes Tracking Project aims to gather data from Arizona providers practicing OT via telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency.
June 1: Telemedicine Conference
AZ residents get the $300 registration fee waived for this conference presented by UA’s Arizona Telemedicine Program and Southwest Telehealth Resource Center.
Managing Your Practice
- April 14 Arizona Executive Order: Increased Telemedicine Access For Workers’ Compensation (AZ Governor’s Office)
- April 6 Alert: FBI Warning About Zoom Security Vulnerabilities (ArizOTA)
- AOTA’s telehealth page
- HIPAA and telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- Billing for Telehealth Encounters (Center for Connected Health Policy)
- Telehealth Coverage Policies in the Time of COVID-19 (Center for Connected Health Policy)
- Center for Connected Health Policy telehealth resource page
Telehealth: Building Your Digital Practice – FREE 16 CEU Course geared toward PT but includes information on building a digital practice
Telehealth 20 Podcast – Geared toward PT but includes information on billing and reimbursement, including for Medicare e-visits.
Telehealth Occupational Therapy: What you need to know (OT Potential blog)
MedBridge COVID-19 resources – Free courses, resources, and patient education
Telehealth office and technology checklist (American Psychological Association)
Telehealth for Pediatrics & School-Based OT
- WPS Statement Regarding Sensory Processing Measure Tele-assessment
- AOTA Recorded Webinar: From Onsite to Online: Addressing Students’ Needs Through a Telehealth Service Delivery Model
- Children and Family Resources for COVID-19 Crisis (University of Pittsburgh Department of OT)
- Understanding Teletherapy (The OT Toolbox)
- Teletherapy Activities for Occupational Therapy (The OT Toolbox)
- The Virtual Pediatric OT – blog
- Pediatric Tele-Feeding (Pediatric Feeding Institute)
- Google Classroom – platform
- Class Dojo – platform
- GoNoodle – movement and mindfulness videos and activities
- Writing Wizard – app