Student Internship Program
ArizOTA takes great pride in our Student Internship Program! The Student Internship Program provides an opportunity to current OT/OTA students to work closely with ArizOTA Board Members, Committee Members, and/or Special Interest Section Chairs on assigned internship projects.
- Gain knowledge and skills to work toward becoming a contributing professional and leader in the State Association and profession
The internship year runs July 1st thru June 30th. Applications are reviewed by the ArizOTA Board and invitations to the Student Internship Program are sent in late Spring/early Summer.
Student Interns may work in the following areas of ArizOTA:
- Committees (e.g. Marketing/Public Relations, Finance, Conference and Programming, Publications, Legislation Affairs)
- Special Interest Sections
Benefits of the ArizOTA Student Internship Position:
- Covered registration cost to the Spring and Fall Conference (pay for food only)
- Free membership for the first year once licensed within the state of Arizona
- Attendance to Special Interest Sections events
- Certificate of Appreciation at the Fall Conference
- Potential for letter of recommendation/referral for employment
Process to Becoming an ArizOTA Student Intern:
- ArizOTA Student Members who are in good standing with the association are eligible to apply for the Student Internship Program
- Complete the application (applications are accepted on a rolling basis)
- It is up to the discretion of the Board to determine how many students will be accepted each year
- Upon acceptance to the internship position, the intern will work with the ArizOTA President to determine which Board Member, Committee Chair, and/or Special Interest Section Chair the intern will work with throughout the intern year
- New Student Interns attend the ArizOTA Board retreat held in early August
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.