Student Internship Program
ArizOTA student internships provide an opportunity to current OT/OTA students to work closely with an ArizOTA Board Member and Committee Members on the functions and day to day tasks for the assigned internship position. This allows the student to gain the knowledge and skills to work towards becoming a contributing professional and leader in the State Association and profession. Student internship positions will be offered to ArizOTA Student Members who are in good standing with the association, successfully complete the application process, and are accepted into the position.
Student Internship Positions: Student Interns work with ArizOTA Leadership on the following:
- Public Relations
- Conference and Programming
- Legislation Affairs
Benefits of ArizOTA Student Internship Positions:
- Covered registration cost to the Spring and Fall Conference (pay for food only)
- Free membership for the first year once licensed within the state of Arizona
- Attendance to Special Interest Sections events
- Certificate of Appreciation at the Fall Conference
- Potential for letter of recommendation/referral for employment
Process to Become an ArizOTA Student Intern:
- Interested members will complete the application process.
- It is up to the discretion of each Board and/or Committee Member in charge of the Committee how many students will be able to intern with him or her, and which students are accepted in to the internship.
- Upon acceptance for the internship position, he or she will have the opportunity to work with the assigned Board Member and/or Committee Member.
- Each internship rotation will last one year, starting July 1 to June 30.