Purposefully Home is a start-up boutique consulting agency currently accepting applications for a part-time (10 hours per week), Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) to join the team! We are not your typical in-home occupational therapy company and this is a unique opportunity for the right candidate.
- Current Arizona Licensed as an OTA- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Current Certification as an Occupational therapy Assistant through NBCOT
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university program
- At least TWO years of experience working with adults and seniors as a certified occupational therapy assistant
- Experience working in Home Health
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid auto insurance and registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Reliable transportation
- Mobile Smart phone/Tablet/Lap-top to access documentation system
- Able to lift at least 50lbs
- Knowledge of complex and traumatic brain injury or related neurologic and orthopedic conditions
This position is perfect for a candidate with dynamic and creative skills to contribute to the development of a small yet growing business. The COTA will provide in-home occupational therapy services under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist. Implementation of evidence-based interventions with daily treatment notes within an EMR system accessible via a web application on your mobile device.
Our clients are typically adults and seniors that have suffered a work-related injury causing brain injury, spinal cord injury or complex orthopedic injuries. In addition we serve adults and seniors with dementia or other neurologic conditions. All services are provided within the client's home whether that is a private residence, ALF/ILF or group home setting.
Training to individuals, caregivers and others related care team members
Document and report progress and change in status to supervising OT and other pertinent team members
Plan, schedule and confirm appointments and make adjustments as needed.
The right candidate will have an interest in home modifications and creating functional home environments to optimize independence and safety.
- Creativity in designing and adapting spaces to promote increased performance at home and within the community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, and a variety of mobile apps
- Exceptional customer service skills including phone/text, email and in person
- Strong organizational and time management
- Flexible and patient with ability to deal with unexpected and unpredictable circumstances that arise when working within a home and community setting.
Job Type: W-2 Position
Part-time- 10 hours per week
Pay: $40.00 per hour