APPLY NOW AT www.nusd.k12.az.us
For additional information please contact Ms. Judith Mendoza-Jimenez at 520-397-7931
JOB DESCRIPTION Nogales Unified School District #1
The job of OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST is done for the purpose/s of assessing students' functional development level providing appropriate treatment to meet individual student objectives; and providing recommendations for program development and student placement in special education.
This job reports to STUDENT SERVICES DIRECTOR
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Assesses students' fine motor and development skills (e.g. perceptual-motor, motor coordination, sensory development, muscle strength, etc.) for the purpose of determining their deficits and developing recommendations.
- Consults with teachers, parents, other personnel and/or outside professionals for the purpose of providing requested information, developing plans for services and/or making recommendations.
- Instructs students, parents and school staff for the purpose of implementing plans for remediation of functional limitations. Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. IEP reports/evaluations) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Researches resources and methods (e.g. intervention and treatment techniques, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of determining the appropriate approach for addressing students' functional goals.
- Screens and/or evaluates students as appropriate for the purpose of determining the need for further individualized assessment and IEP compliance.