Bring your Occupational Therapy experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
We serve individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing Occupational Therapy training and support to address the medical and psychiatric needs of individuals with Acquired Brain Injury. We provide a balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network the Occupational Therapist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
NeuroRestorative is seeking an Occupational Therapist to provide program participant evaluations, occupational therapy services, and may supervise Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides quality service delivery through evaluation and testing of program participants and the development of effective treatment plans for each participant.
- Administers innovative treatment programs to program participants and communicates treatment needs to appropriate staff. Provides re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary. Effectively manages assigned caseload.
- Sets up appropriate home exercise programs for participants in a timely manner. Performs home evaluations as needed.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant documentation including report of services. Completes weekly schedule request to meet OT goals of staff/program participants and submits it to supervisor.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s), including but not limited to attending team meetings, attending conferences, etc. Attends departmental meetings for program development and establishing effective systems of operations team enhancement.
- Attends training or seminars on a yearly basis to update knowledge and skills. Completes all mandatory training offered by CCS.
- Collaborates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of occupational therapy program.
- Provides/Participates in in-service programs in areas of expertise for OT and all of CCS staff as requested.
- Participates in maintenance of targeted departmental budget and monitoring of equipment.
- Adheres to Service Monitoring System (SMS) standards for department, accreditation and licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and one year human services experience
- One year experience in neuro-rehabilitation preferred
- Must be licensed OT/L in state and a member in good standing with AOTA
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.