Full-time, 12-month Clinician-Educator Faculty Position (non-tenure-track), rank commensurate with experience.
The Occupational Therapy Creighton Phoenix Faculty position is responsible for teaching, scholarship, and service to the department and the university. Based on the Creighton University Phoenix Health Sciences Campus, primary responsibilities include engaging research and grant activities, and conducting laboratory and experiential components of OT curriculum in the OTD program (e.g., mental health, upper extremity rehab, physical rehab, neuro-rehab, gerontology, and orthopedics), in collaboration with course instructors on the Omaha Creighton campus. In addition, serving as a research mentor for student capstone projects and student advisement are primary roles of these positions. This position will report directly to the Creighton University Occupational Therapy Program Director based in Omaha, Nebraska
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in conducting laboratory and experiential components of OTD courses.
- Work directly with Omaha-based Creighton University faculty to assist in the organization, oversight, and coordination of OTD courses, laboratory courses, practicums, and examinations.
- Maintain open, consistent communication with Creighton School of Pharmacy and Health Professions Omaha and Phoenix program faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Advise students regarding academic success.
- Engage in research and scholarly activities.
- Promote student satisfaction and retention and network with Creighton personnel/resources as appropriate.
- Clarify or reinforce information provided to students on Creighton University processes and student support resources.
- Collaborate with Creighton University faculty to develop and support course specific learning activities.
- Promote community relationships with organizations, clinical faculty, and community partners.
- Collaborate with Omaha and Phoenix coordinators, directors, faculty, and staff to facilitate and participate in interprofessional learning activities and experiences.
- Participate in Creighton University committee and community service work.
- Participate in program evaluation and actions related to program improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of current practices in occupational therapy in the geographical region.
- Support Creighton University in student recruitment and orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Creighton University mission.
- Terminal doctoral degree in occupational therapy, or related area of study; PhD, EdD, or OTD.
- Three years of experience as an occupational therapist.
- Experience in academia including teaching in distance and/or hybrid programs preferred.
- Clinical expertise and proficiency in physical rehabilitation (mental health, neurology, gerontology, orthopedics, and/or upper extremity).
- Evidence of excellent communication with interprofessional stakeholders.
- Occupational therapist with active Arizona license or eligibility for Arizona licensure.
Creighton University invites creative and dynamic individuals who are comfortable working, or willing to learn to work, in a hybrid teaching and learning environment to apply. These positions, based at the Creighton University Phoenix Health Sciences Campus, will support the occupational therapy departmental growth and expansion of our entry-level OTD program to a hybrid pathway located in Phoenix, Arizona. We are looking for doctoral-prepared individuals who enjoy a progressive and dynamic environment to join our active, creative, and engaged faculty of 28; dedicated to expanding the scope of occupational therapy practice and education and challenging our students to actively reflect the University’s unique Ignatian values. Creighton University was the first occupational therapy program to offer the OTD degree and, as such, is nationally and internationally recognized for its vision and academic rigor in occupational therapy education. The Department has strong administrative and institutional support for its programs and creative initiatives. The Phoenix academic site of the Creighton University OTD program has obtained ACOTE accreditation and will admit students beginning in the fall of 2021.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expressions of initial interest will be treated in strict confidence. To learn more about the position and to apply, please visit: http://k.rfer.us/CREIGHTON8GovZ. To learn more about the university, school, and program, please visit: https://spahp.creighton.edu/academics/dept-occupational-therapy.
Upon completion of the application process, please attach a curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position as well as a summary of your qualifications. Questions regarding this position should be directed to Dr. Angela Patterson, OTD, OTR/L, Chair - Search Committee at email@example.com.
Candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton’s mission and founding principles and review the Faculty Handbook.
Creighton is a Jesuit, Catholic institution that encourages applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds who believe they can contribute to its distinctive educational tradition. Creighton University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.